Why Does This Keep Happening To Me?
Whether you perceive that this is something happening outside of you, something that keeps happening to you, or something you are directly responsible for because of choices you made, this article can help you uncover the meaning behind the your patterns.
I chose this beautiful picture to depict the idea that everything in our lives has a pattern.
When we are unaware, we are at the mercy of these patterns. If we could all become aware of the patterns in our lives, we could master them!
(Synchronistically, this picture also relates exactly to what I am currently reading in the Gregg Braden book The Spontaneous Healing of Belief: Shattering the Paradigm of False Limits.
There is symmetry, balance and purpose to our patterns.
You can use them or break them, but the goals should always be peace and fulfillment
Many people experience repeating and undesirable patterns in their lives. Some of those people will recognize that there is a pattern and stop to ask; ‘why does this keep happening to me?’ Unfortunately, most will fail to take the next step; to try to answer the question. They have yet to recognize that there must be a reason, and explore the possibilities.
If you are reading this article then you are demonstrating the readiness to take the time to answer the question.
The good news it’s not always your “fault” and even if it is, you can change it!
If you’ve been living on auto-pilot up until now, you no longer have that as an excuse!
The Neurological Answer
Until one reaches the age of 26, the frontal cortex of the brain isn’t finished developing. This lobe controls the higher human functions which differentiate us from other mammals. These functions have a significant impact on the quality of the decisions we make.
- Maintaining focused attention
- Long-term planning
- Evaluating long-term consequences
- Thought control
- Managing emotions
- Healthy decision making/choice
- Impulse control
- Delayed gratification
- Frustration tolerance
- Good judgment
The Psychological Answers
- Repetition compulsion- This is where we subconsciously seek out similar situations or people from the past to try to create a different outcome from the first, often traumatic or painful time. It is a subconscious means of obtaining closure or the ego’s means of trying to ‘win’ this time.
- Self-Sabotage: You’re subconsciously allowing it because, you believe you deserve it or you believe you don’t deserve better.
- Psychological Imperative: To subconsciously create experiences in your external world that match your internal beliefs. Another reason for self-sabotage.
- Because you are subconsciously seeking satisfaction of wants, ego needs or unmet childhood needs instead of your advanced human needs.
- You are chasing illusions.
- You are seeking to meet your own or someone else’s unrealistic expectations.
- You are putting others above yourself.
- Fear is subconsciously guiding your choices.
The Mental and Physics Answer
The Laws of Vibration and Attraction- You get what you focus on/think about most.
The Neurochemical Answer
You’re addicted to:
- The chemical reaction that occurs each time you re-experience this event.
- The familiarity of the feelings (positive or painful). These create a feeling of security, predictability, control, and knowing what to expect, which all create comfort and are all addicting.
The Sacred Contact Answers
- You haven’t learned the lessons these experiences have been trying to teach; lessons you wanted to learn that were written by your own hand.
- Karma for present or past life. You chose theses experiences to learn first-hand about what you caused previously.
- Resisting or ignoring the messages, the opportunities to learn the lessons you wanted to.
The Vibrational Answer
From Margot Anand, The Art of Everyday Ecstasy:
If you have ever said, “Why does this always happen to me?” then you know the feeling of a chakra that is blocked, contracted and in need of healing. Repeated thought and emotional patterns and chronic dilemmas are signs of the obstruction of the flow of life energy through our chakras.”
May you perceive and receive all your blessings.
With Much Love,
Copyright © 2013 Indigo Sky, LLC; All Rights Reserved