Books That Changed My Perception: The Celestine Series by James Redfield
Since I stared my spiritual journey, I have read very few fiction books. But I consider this series to be spiritual guidance wrapped in fiction.
This series is great for both people who are not ready for or don’t enjoy non-fiction spiritual guidance books, but are looking for spiritual guidance, and for anyone who likes good adventure/thriller novels.
To me, these books are a cross between The Di Vinci Code and Lost Horizon.
This series includes four books include (in order) The Celestine Prophecy, The Tenth Insight, The Secrets of Shambhala, and The Twelfth Insight. I was so excited when I saw that a twelfth insight was coming out a couple of years ago that I re-read all the books in preparation (and to remind me). And it was so much better than I could have imagined.
Mr. Redfield refers to them as “adventure parables” and says they were his way of illustrating what he believes “is a new spiritual awareness sweeping humanity.” In the adventures, I was trying to describe the personal revelations that each of seems to be experiencing as our awareness increases.”
Mr. Redfield goes on to explain that “As this transformation plays our, most of us will probably remain in the general line of work we have always pursued, in the families we love, and in the particular religions we find most truthful. But our vision of how our work and family and religious life should be lived and experienced will transform dramatically as we integrate and act on the higher experiences we perceive.”
As someone who can’t visualize, I was so excited when the movie came out. It allowed me to see what most people could envision. I only wish they would make a sequel so I can see them all come to life!
The Non-Fiction Book
After The Tenth Insight, Mr. Redfield published The Celestine Vision, a non-fiction exploration of the insights and then some. He
describes it thusly; “The purpose of this book is to more directly explore the experiences so many of us are sharing, to review the history of our awakening, and to look closely at the specific challenges involved in living this way of life every day.”
It is a beautiful guide to our personal and global evolution through increasing awareness of the presence of energy, our use of it and tapping into the unending source so we don’t have to “steal” it from others.
Here are some of my favorite quotes:
- “The universe truly seems to be set up as a platform for the actualization of our deepest and most heartfelt aspirations. It is a dynamic system propelled by nothing less than the constant flow of small miracles. But there is a catch. The universe is built to respond to our consciousness, but it will give back to us only the level of quality we put in. Therefore, the process of discovering who we are and what we are here to do and of learning to follow the mysterious coincidences that can guide us is dependent, to a great extent, on our ability to stay positive and to find the silver lining in all events.”
- “We must intend to live [the new spiritual awareness], to integrate each increased degree of awareness into our daily routine. It only takes one negative interpretation to stop everything.”
- “Jung maintained that synchronicity was an acausal principle in the universe, a law that operated to move human beings toward greater growth in consciousness.”
- “…at a certain point [in history] our focus on the economic aspects of life became an obsession used to push away the anxiety of uncertainty.”
- “If we are awake, we know that everything around us is a mysterious vibrating pattern of energy, the stuff of light…and that includes us.”
- “…non-directive intention (that is, holding the idea that the very best should happen without injecting our opinion) works better than directive intention (holding the idea that a specific outcome should occur).
- “If we are to achieve lasting relationships…we must understand the energy dynamics involved before engaging in romance. We all must find the opposite sexual energy [masculine or feminine] within ourselves before we make ourselves available for a lasting relationship.”
- “The person we must rely on to be whole is the divine we find within ourselves…”
- “Evil and hell are internal states.”
There are also some great insights into why we chose our parents and if you are a parent, why your children chose you.
I could keep going but I recommend you read the book for yourself and discover all the gems it holds for you. James Redfield is an inspirational teacher. I know you will find great value in his non-fiction and value plus entertainment in his fiction.
May you perceive and receive all your blessings.
With Much Love,
Copyright © 2013 Indigo Sky, LLC; All Rights Reserved