What am I? Part 2: Introducing Your Seven Bodies of Health
I am a complex individual with seven bodies of health that all need conscious attention if I am to have a healthy, fulfilling life with healthy, fulfilling relationships. The needs of my seven bodies require balancing and those needs that conflict need managing.
Everyone has different levels of need based on temperament, genetics, environment, childhood, and goals. When we were children our needs were dependant on others. As we mature, we should evolve into a self-delivery model for our needs. Until then my behaviors, thoughts, beliefs, and perceptions will all be based on the degree to which my needs were or were not met in childhood, and whether or not they are being met in each situation now.
It’s unlikely that you are even aware that you have seven bodies of health (BOH) and that they all need management and attention. At best, unless something is wrong, you probably only attend to the obvious needs of your material bodies (financial, physical/biochemical/sexual).
In order to maximize the human experience, you must wake up to the fact that each of your bodies of health need to be optimized by elevating your beliefs, thoughts, words, and behavior. Understanding needs will help you understand behavior; understanding behavior will help you understand feelings. This works for your relationship with yourself and with others.
The seven bodies of health can be broken up into two categories: your invisible world and your material world.
Your invisible world is made up of the following bodies of health:
- Energetic or Vibrational
- Emotional or Psychological
- Relational or Social
- Mental or Intellectual
It is important to understand that your emotional and relational bodies can only be separated once you evolve to where you:
- Have “outgrown” or evolved past the need for other peoples approval.
- Don’t take things personally.
- Have gained unconditional self-acceptance and unconditional acceptance of others.
- Aren’t attached to outcomes; no expectations.
- Are self-sufficient/self-reliant/independent, so you don’t rely on others for meeting your needs.
- Have eliminated judging.
- Can express gratitude and appreciation freely.
- Have a clear view of the abundance in each relationship. In other words, you can focus on what you have instead of what’s missing or wrong. (no nagging, complaining, or criticizing)
- Can see the lessons inherent in each relationship.
- Have an understanding of and respect for mutual needs.
- Can see another’s growth and well being as being as important as your own.
Therefore, for the majority of the people on the planet, these two bodies of health remain inseparable. [This website can help make you one of the hopefully increasing minority.]
Your material world:
These areas are hard to separate, as satisfying many of your physical needs requires money. This includes your needs for shelter, heat, healthy food and clothing.
The vibrational body is the only body that doesn’t have its own specific needs: its proper functioning is dependant on the health of the other invisible bodies. In other words, the health of the energy body relies on the needs of the other bodies being met.
The level of functioning of the energy body dictates the health of the physical body, and the health of the emotional/relational, mental, and spiritual/creative bodies all directly impact the energy body.
You can increase the health of your energy body by increasing the vibrational frequency of your beliefs, thoughts, words, behaviors, and feelings, and by resolving any unresolved emotional/relational issues (Although you may not yet accept the presence of you vibrational body, the facts to convince you will be presented in an upcoming post.)
It is important to know that even if you eat healthfully and exercise regularly, if your energy/emotional centers (chakras) aren’t functioning properly due to unexpressed, suppressed, or repressed emotional issues, unhealthy and unproductive thoughts, and/or living inauthentically, physical illness, dis-ease or dis-order will manifest within your physical body.
What Am I Affirmations
- I am a vibrational/energetic being. I have a vibrational/energetic body of health and vibrational/energetic health to attend to.
- I am a spiritual/creative being. I have a spiritual/creative body of health and spiritual/creative health to attend to.
- I am a feeling being. I have an emotional body of health and emotional health to attend to.
- I am a social/relational being. I have a social/relational body of health and social/relational health to attend to.
- I am a thinking being. I have a mental body of health and mental health to attend to.
- I live in a material world so I have a financial body of health and financial health to attend to.
- I am a physical/sexual being. I have a physical and sexual body of health to attend to. The vessel that houses my essence, my spirit makes this life possible.
My body deserves to be treated with honor and respect for transporting me through this life. If there is illness, dis-ease, or dis-order within my physical body, I need to look at unresolved issues in my other bodies for the cause.
Through energy healing, clearing an energetic block, improving a stagnant flow or strengthening a weakness may alleviate the symptoms temporarily, but if the emotional, mental, relational, or spiritual cause is not cleared, the problem will return or another will replace it.
All of my bodies interact with each other and their health is dependent on one another.
emotional/relational health + mental health + spiritual/creative health = vibrational health → physical health
It is my sincerest hope that this article has not only changed your perception of what you are but that it also will change the way you think, behave, and treat yourself and others.
There will be much more on this subject coming soon. Until then, if you have any questions, please leave it in the comment box below.
May you perceive and receive all your blessings.
With Much Love,
Copyright © 2012 Indigo Sky, LLC; All Rights Reserved
It should be noted that according to energy-medicine research, there are seven energy bodies or layers. For the purposes of simplicity, this site will be referring to the energy bodies in general when discussing it.
I highly recommend that you read up on energy medicine to get the latest information. By improving the condition of your seven bodies of health, you will affect the functioning of all your energy bodies. I have used Energy Medicine: Balancing Your Body’s Energies for Optimal Health, Joy, and Vitality and Vibrational Medicine: The #1 Handbook of Subtle-Energy Therapies.