8 Reasons Why You Don’t Get What You Want
The pain of not understanding why I wasn’t getting what I wanted was probably more consuming than the pain of not having it. Crying, WHY! Over and over. Sound familiar?
This links up with our discussion of needs, self-esteem and confidence.
Not getting what we want causes us a great deal of mental and emotional pain: stress, anxiety, fear, self-doubt, self-consciousness, and thus, a lack of confidence. These are all feelings AND thoughts, and they become beliefs.
These thoughts, beliefs and feelings block our ability to perceive things clearly and to receive the blessing coming to us.
Understanding how the world works for yourself, and trying-on or engaging new beliefs about how the world works can eliminate much stress in your life.
- It’s what your ego wants.
- Your wants and behavior are driven by your needs. It’s not what you really need because you’re still seeking satisfaction of needs not met in childhood and they cannot be met from external sources now. You are seeking needs that are no longer phase-appropriate.
- You are sabotaging yourself because you are holding one or more limiting beliefs that you don’t deserve it.
- There is something called the psychological imperative. This is the need to make your external situation match your internal beliefs.
- And these beliefs decrease your vibrational energy/frequency therefore affecting the Law of Attraction and your physical body of health, not to mention your mental, emotional, relational and spiritual bodies of health.
- You are not open enough to receive it or allow it. You are blocking your ability to receive it with limiting beliefs.
- It’s not going to get you on or keep you on your path toward fulfilling your sacred contract.
- Because your wants are not aligned with your values.
- The time isn’t right. Everything happens in Divine Right Time and Divine Right Order. You haven’t learned the lessons needs for you to be ready for it. If there are also other people involved, they may not be ready.
- Wants may be related to past-life memories and inclinations, not this lifetime.
Examine why you want something; there is usually a need fueling it. Satisfy that need and the want will probably be replaced with something new that will evolve your spirit.
If you don’t want to examine your wants and you recognize that this want is creating pain, sadness and any other unpleasant emotion, and if it’s interfering with ‘normal’ functioning, then it’s time to choose a new want!
May you perceive and receive all your blessings.
With Much Love,
Copyright © 2013 Indigo Sky, LLC; All Rights Reserved